Hygiene and sanitation determines your whole personality, they say. Some individuals happen to be out of choices to lead the life they do but not all.
World Toilet Day is globally celebrated on November 19, that throws a great light on the predicament an average individual anywhere in the world lives like. Most of the under developed and developing nations are under scrutiny when it comes to hygiene and sanitation. This day brings into attention plight of whopping 2.5 billion people in the world who do not have access to proper sanitation.
The new 2030 Agenda has water and sanitation as it’s primary goal to meet with a dedicated Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) on water and sanitation. Goals that are pertaining to health, food, security, climate change, disaster management and eco systems. Meeting the aspiring objectives of the 2030 agenda seeks that we acknowledge universal access to drinking water and sanitation along with concerns like water management to preserve eco systems and durability.
Every year thousands of people join hands for promoting World Toilet Day through social media, online petitions and involving countless number of people to take the march forward. The mass reach that this one initiative has been a complete head turner by all means. The provision of proper hygienic toilets can save as good as 2,00,000 kids in all over the globe (as per UN data). The countries that has prevalent open defecation is generally carried out in the open are the same nations with highest figures of child deaths, high levels of malnutrition and poverty stricken problems. It is said that more than one billion people defecate out in the open to absence of basic toilet facilities. It is even touted that open defecation is the most hazardous phenomenon to public health.
- Many studies carried out by United Nations suggested that 1000 children died per day from diarrhea epidemics because of poor sanitation in 2013. These deaths are restorable.
- Clean and hygienic toilets aid keep more girls in school and increase attendance. Good number of school girls miss out on daily schooling because of the lack of a hygienic toilet.
- Open Defecation is practiced by almost 1 billion people even today, which is quite shocking and disappointing.
- It is found that every $1 spent on water and sanitation obtains a $4.3 return as decreased care costs.
A clean and tidy toilet ensures health, dignity and healthy living, nevertheless 40% of the world total population does not have access to toilets. World Toilet Organization is a global non profit committed to enhancing toilet and sanitation predicament worldwide. We believe in educating individuals through the medium of education, training and forming a local market place proposition to promote clean and safe sanitation facilities.
Some of the common illness pertaining to bowel and incontinence that requires much hygiene are as follows:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a prevalent, prolong illness with the condition of digestive system. It can cause repeated pain from excruciating stomach cramps, bloating, diarrhea and constipation.
- Urinary Incontinence is the problem of unpremeditated release of urine. It is a common disease that causes huge adverse effects on the quality of life of the person suffering from it. The symptoms and causes between individuals and it’s aftermath affect some people more severely than others. They tend to come and go in periods lasting a few days to a few months at a time, often during time of stress or after eating certain foods.
- Fecal Incontinence is a disorder where in you have no control over your feces and defecate innately.
An adult diaper is logically designed and clinically proven that it is basically worn by the old aged people who have been long suffering from ailments such as incontinence, mobility injury, severe diarrhea and acute dementia. This kind of diaper is designed to be worn by an adult person hence, the name adult diaper was derived. It is made of several types of leakages protective and slouchy content that very convenient for users.
There are innumerable kinds of adult diaper for elders available such as briefs, briefs with non re-fasten tabs, pull up diapers for adults, belted undergarments, fecal incontinence products and swim diapers.