Have you ever given a thought to your feet? They bear your complete body weight, keeping it balanced and helping you in walking, running, playing or simply STANDING! Being such a great friend of yours, your poor feet are often overlooked and are the last part of your body, you think about. Foot odor, cracked skin, fallen arches, corns, ingrown toenails, fungal infections, etc are few of the problems which can cause discomfort and can reduce mobility. Hence you should give your feet the attention and care they deserve so as to feel much more pleasant.
Here are a few simple tips to follow on a daily basis, which will get you to putting your best feet forward!
Wash your feet daily :
Your feet helps you to move through the world and in this process, these feet spend most of the day trapped in dust, humid climate and a pair of shoes. In spite of this, most people skip washing their feet while bathing every now and then. Well that’s not the way! we should make it a point to keep our feet neat and clean. You don’t need an extra, out of the way effort or a special foot wash to clean your feet. Just make sure that while bathing, you give them a thorough soaping and don’t forgot to soap the space between the toes. After your shower, it’s equally important to dry your feet (between the toes again). This wash and dry mechanism will ensure a good hygiene and prevent many foot problems.
Apply a foot cream or lotion as soon as you get out of the shower. In order to get soft feet rub on lotion before bed, and slip in some socks. As you’ll open your eyes in the morning you’ll be delighted to find your feet so soft and moisturized.
Remember: Never moisturize the area between the toes as this can cause fungus.
Pamper your feet :
- Soaking your feet in a large bowl with lukewarm water is the most easiest and handy way to moisturize your feet.
- You can add a few drops of essential oils or Dead Sea salts to make it more effective.
- Use foot scrub to shed off dry and dead skin, and exfoliate the skin on the heels and bottom part of the feet using pumice stone. But beware frequent exfoliating is just not preferred as thickly callused skin can crack, leading to pain and infections.
- Your cuticles must also be taken care of. You may apply cuticle oil to your toenails to soften and moisturize the hardened edges. This will make your feet perfect for nail polishing.
- Don’t push your cuticles too much because applying too much pressure on the cuticles may lead to fungal infection.
- Cutting your toenails straight is better instead of a curved shape to prevent ingrown toenails from hurting you.
A great pair of shoes :
Usually people buy wrong pair of shoes and make the life of their feet, hell. While choosing shoes, you must take care of the following:
- Your shoes must fit you well.
- Too tight or overly sized shoes can affect many aspects of feet health.
- Try to shop for shoes in the evening hours.
- Alternating your shoes so that it will reduce the growth of bacteria.
- Try to avoid vinyl or plastic shoes as they suffocate your feet and trap moisture,which can cause fungal infections.
- Always opt for leather or cotton shoes
So, the next time you pamper yourself with facepack, waxing, threading etc, do not foget that your feet are waiting for you to come to them! Because, after all feet are the very base of yours!