Apple Cider Vinegar is an astonishing medicine to the unkept , fully damaged and dead hair. Vinegar alleviates scaly build up and residue from hair shafts and locks the cuticles. Hence, residue covers the hair leading to look dull and lifeless it all the more peels off residue which provides hair more shine. By locking the cuticles, the hair is easily and has lesser tangles. Various studies carried out by Dermatologists and hair experts of Harvard university claimed that vinegar has a tonic action that promotes blood circulation in the small capillaries that irrigate the skin.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has long been used as a natural hair care product and a mechanism to keep soft and smooth hair for long. It furthermore promotes healthy hair in men and women alike. Its acidity is like that of natural hair, its a good conditioner and cleaning agent and its effective as a germ killer.
As an aftermath, apple cider vinegar uses and benefits for the hair include:
- Vinegar hair rinse : Rinsing with apple cider vinegar will aid balance of PH of your hair and alleviate the build up that can result from the use of these styling products and inexpensive shampoos.
Washing will also close the numerous cuticle scales which cover and protect the surface of each hair shaft. This further provides a smoother surface which reflects more light and as a result leaves your hair shinier, smoother and easier to manage.
- Essential oil hair rinse: If preparing a vinegar/ herb infusion is not your cup of tea, then a faster way to enhance the hair conditioning effect of apple cider vinegar is to add a small amount of certain types of essential oils.
- Dandruff and itchy scalp relief: The acids and enzymes in ACV kill the bottle bacillus, a bacteria that is one of the causes for many scalp and hair conditions such as dandruff, itchy scalp, hair loss and often baldness. The bacteria clogs hair follicles enabling dry crusts to form that itch and flake.
- Prevention from dandruff and itchy scalp: For a simple home remedy for dandruff and itchy scalp, apply full strength ACV to the scalp, rub in, and leave on for a half hour to an hour before washing your hair.
- Natural hair loss treatment: For bald and thinning areas apply to an hour before shampooing- 2 tbsp ACV mixed with a tiny pinch cayenne powder.
Then before going to bed, mix a royal jelly capsule with one tsp ACV, pat on bald areas leave overnight.
- Home remedy for head lice: Lice infestations are very contagious and are characterized by intense itching caused by an allergic reaction to a toxin in the saliva of the lice.
- Apple cider vinegar reduces frizz: It is used as a follow up to baking soda, this DIY(do it yourself) treatment gives the strands an unseen shine, reduces frizz and lock cuticles.
- It cures dry and itchy scalps: Apple cider vinegar has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties that will calm and treat an itchy, dry scalp.
- It prevents spilt ends: Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has the tendency to soften the hairs cuticles, that prevents spilt ends and breakage. You can apply ACV into 1 part warm filtered tap water. Apply the vinegar rinse after shampooing, then rinse it all out. This natural hair care product can be used once a week or as needed.Allows the hair to set and dry off and then
- Hair herbal rinse: In order to make your own herbal mix to make your own herbal hair rinse natural hair care product.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the dried herb( or herb mixture into a muslin bag or tea ball and put it in a warmed tea pot.)
- Pour 1 pint(500ml) of boiling water over the herbs and infuse for 2 hours.
- Allows the hair to set and dry off and then
- Add 1pint (500 ml) of apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- To add extra fragrance to the herbal rise, try adding a few drops of lavender or lemon or rose essential oils.
Thus, to rejuvenate your hair to its days of softness and smooth mix the apple cider vinegar and water together . After shampooing, pour the mixture into your hair. If you have a spray bottle, that works even better. This further talks of splits in your hair with the mixture and massage it into your scalp. Let the apple cider vinegar preparation sit for a few minutes before rinsing fully with water. No need to use conditioner after rinse. The apple cider vinegar will leave hair feeling smooth and soft and you cant resist not feeling the hair even for a while.