There are a lot of aphrodisiacs available in market to boost your libido and make you a good performer in bed like almonds and chocolates. But there are certain foods which act as an-aphrodisiac.
These foods can lower your sex drive:
- Artificial Sweeteners: All the artificial sweeteners contain aspartame, an ingredient which that causes trouble for the seronin hormone, which is the happy hormone of the body, without which your mood and libido tends to suffer. Not only this but aspartame has other side effects also. It causes headaches, anxiety, insomnia, disorders and irritation. Artificial sugars have much amount of fructose that increases the rate of metabolic syndrome. It sets the stage of brain shrinkage and mood instability. So always use artificial sweeteners in moderation and it would be better to use natural sugars like honey and jaggery to keep your health and sex life on right track.
- Cornflakes: Cornflakes and other cereals contain sugar that spikes and cause a crush in blood level which in turn affects testosterone. It causes the poor performance in bed. It is a part of bland diet that lowers the people’s sex drive. So if you have intentions of making love with your partner, don’t consume cornflakes and cereals.
- Cheese: The dairy products these days are not natural at all. Such products like cheese are made of cow’s milk. This milk is treated with lots of antibiotics and artificial growth hormones. Too much use of these processed foods results in the release of xenoestrogen which lowers the sex drive. Over consumption of these foods produce toxins that interfere with progesterone, testosterone and oestrogen which are natural and mood uplifting hormones. Excessive amounts of these hormones may also cause sexual dysfunction.
- Coffee: A cup of coffee can induce a happy and refreshing mood but too much of this can make you a bad performer in bed. Excessive amount of caffeine can spike up the stress and cause hormonal imbalances. Taking 5 to 6 cups of coffee everyday can damage your adrenal glands. The functions of adrenal glands will be reduced due to high amount of coffee and it can also cause sexual imbalance.
- Soy: In the processed soy products, all the essential health nutrients present in it are wiped out during processing. It contains phytoestrogens that competes with the male sex hormone. It causes fertility issues in man, male breast growth and body hair loss. It is strictly avoided for men.